Curiously, to the secret glee of the inhabitants and entirely unbeknown to the Grote, the Strakken, far from destroying the dwellings of Sool, are helping to nourish the city. The living Stalkhouses too, thrive on electricity and since the advent of the Grote's attacks, the people of Sool have discovered how to harness the Strakken bolts to augment the health of their stalkhouses with great floods of beneficial energy.
Only the youngest children of Sool are fast enough to catch the Strakken lightning and guide the crackling energy with pin sharp accuracy to the eagerly awaiting stalk-buds.
It is dangerous work but the children are protected from the snapping jaws of the Hoodfish by the mindful, cat-like Koobas and as a last resort, to escape an overwhelming Strakken attack, they will jump from the terraces in the knowledge that as they plummet towards the ground one of the Bobols will arrive, without fail, to rescue them.
Such are some of the secrets of Sool!
From The Book of Wildergorn
The Stormfish of Sool
- A mysterious and mesmerising world to explore for intrepid adult colourists. Each GIANT 27”x 40” Wildergorn Colour-In Poster depicts a scene from the strange and intriguing world of Wildergorn. Therapeutic and relaxing to colour, these immersive and creative journeys will help to take your mind off everything for days, weeks ... even months!
- Exquisitely produced in England by The School Lane Press, the posters are printed on high quality 180gsm cartridge paper and can be coloured with felt-tip pens, gel pens, brush pens, coloured inks, watercolours, coloured pencils ... in fact just about anything you like. Whatever you choose we recommend equipping yourself with the broadest range of colours possible for maximum creative freedom.
- Hand signed by you, your poster will become a unique work of art and, framed and displayed, an iconic and majestic record of your intrepid expedition to capture the colours of the world of Wildergorn.
- A beautiful creative gift: A set of Wildergorn postcards is included with every poster for practise, pen-testing and sending to friends. Each poster is prepared and packaged with care and presented in a handsome, midnight-blue tube, further protected by a tough outer protective mailing tube to ensure that it reaches its destination safely. N.B. Prints can be rolled together in the same tube to save on shipping costs: Contact Chris at admin@wildergorn to enquire.
- If you don’t have enough space for a giant poster, then look out for The Book of Wildergorn: the Wildergorn drawings by Jamie Courtier gathered together into one majestic A3 size luxury hardback edition: perfect for colouring on the sofa!