Curiously, to the secret glee of the inhabitants and entirely unbeknown to the Grote, the Strakken, far from destroying the dwellings of Sool, are helping to nourish the city. The living Stalkhouses too, thrive on electricity and since the advent of the Grote's attacks, the people of Sool have discovered how to harness the Strakken bolts to augment the health of their stalkhouses with great floods of beneficial energy.
Only the youngest children of Sool are fast enough to catch the Strakken lightning and guide the crackling energy with pin sharp accuracy to the eagerly awaiting stalk-buds.
It is dangerous work but the children are protected from the snapping jaws of the Hoodfish by the mindful, cat-like Koobas and as a last resort, to escape an overwhelming Strakken attack, they will jump from the terraces in the knowledge that as they plummet towards the ground one of the Bobols will arrive, without fail, to rescue them.
Such are some of the secrets of Sool!
From The Book of Wildergorn
The Stormfish of Sool
- There's never been a better time to escape into the curious world of Wildergorn.
- This immersive and creative journey will help to take your mind off everything for days, weeks ... months if need be!
- The posters are printed on high quality cartridge paper and can be coloured with felt-tip pens, gel pens, brush pens, coloured inks, watercolours, coloured pencils ... in fact just about anything you like.
- Signed both by the artist, Jamie Courtier, and by you, your poster will become your own unique work of art.
- Presented in handsome, midnight-blue tubes, the posters are dispatched, via Royal Mail, from the UK and further protected by tough, outer protective mailing tubes to ensure that they reach you safely.