Far out to sea across the Straits of Bune, on the south coast of Wildergorn, lie two islands.
The smaller, Pogland, a wooded hilly plateau flanked by sheer rocky cliffs and split into two at one end by a deep narrow gorge, is home to the Pogs.
These small but sturdy, round-snouted band of creatures, live in comfortable summer tree houses and warm winter burrows and are normally found to be romping happily (and slightly absent-mindedly) around their island, foraging for roots, nuts and fruits.
Life is nearly perfect - there’s just one problem: the neighbours.
The second Island, close by, is inhabited by the small but warlike Skarks, their hearts as jagged as the mountains in which they live, and unlike the Pogs, the Skarks are a rule-bound race, living lives of strictly regimented routine.
Since time immemorial the Skarks, appalled by the abhorrently liberal lifestyle of the Pogs, have been bent on invading their neighbours’ island to institute a proper sense of order, however, the Pogs defend their island, and their happy way of life, with great enthusiasm.
From The Book of Wildergorn
The Pogs' Defence
- There's never been a better time to escape into the strange world of Wildergorn.
- This immersive and creative journey will help to take your mind off everything for days, weeks ... months if need be!
- The posters are printed on high quality cartridge paper and can be coloured with felt-tip pens, gel pens, brush pens, coloured inks, watercolours, coloured pencils ... in fact just about anything you like.
- Signed both by the artist, Jamie Courtier, and by you, your poster will become your own unique work of art.
- Presented in handsome, midnight-blue tubes, the posters are dispatched, via Royal Mail, from the UK and further protected by tough, outer protective mailing tubes to ensure that they reach you safely.