Atop each beacon hangs, as if suspended in mid-air, one of fourteen Gongs, each zealously guarded by a Gong-Keeper, and struck only in times of trouble or need.
The Gongs make no audible sound yet their mystic vibrations resonate silently along the Skray Lines, unnoticed by all but the Gong Wizards high in the Listening Tower of Astriel. Day and night the Tower is manned by a rotating watch of four wizards who listen through two giant amplifying horns. In the upper chamber of the Listening Tower, the sources of Gong strikes are plotted and missions planned. Then from the terraces of Astriel, the Gong Wizards fly out on their sorties across the length and breadth of Wildergorn.
From The Book of Wildergorn
The Gong Wizards
- There's never been a better time to escape into the strange world of Wildergorn.
- This immersive and creative journey will help to take your mind off everything for days, weeks ... months if need be!
- The posters are printed on high quality cartridge paper and can be coloured with felt-tip pens, gel pens, brush pens, coloured inks, watercolours, coloured pencils ... in fact just about anything you like.
- Signed both by the artist, Jamie Courtier, and by you, your poster will become your own unique work of art.
- Presented in handsome, midnight-blue tubes, the posters are dispatched, via Royal Mail, from the UK and further protected by tough, outer protective mailing tubes to ensure that they reach you safely.