In Sool, every Stalkhouse has a Bobol Dome on top, which is where the Bobols stay at night; and each house has a water feeder and a full size Bobol Kiln in which to make Lava-smoke from powdered rock. Smoke and water are all the Bobols require: They used to live in the wild, feeding from volcanoes and hot fissures in the ground, but when the people of Sool learned how to make the same smoke irresistibly delicious by the inclusion of herbs and spices, the Bobols came eagerly to live with their human companions.
To the touch they feel like warm stone, ancient, wise and safe. The Bobols can understand humans but they have their own language, their voices sounding like soft, flutey horns - nobody knows what they're saying - and they have a row of little beady black eyes encircling the tops of their heads, so nobody knows what they're looking at either.
Everything, say the people of Sool.
From The Book of Wildergorn
The Airstones of Sool
- There's never been a better time to escape into the curious world of Wildergorn.
- This immersive and creative journey will help to take your mind off everything for days, weeks ... months if need be!
- The posters are printed on high quality cartridge paper and can be coloured with felt-tip pens, gel pens, brush pens, coloured inks, watercolours, coloured pencils ... in fact just about anything you like.
- Signed both by the artist, Jamie Courtier, and by you, your poster will become your own unique work of art.
- Presented in handsome, midnight-blue tubes, the posters are dispatched, via Royal Mail, from the UK and further protected by tough, outer protective mailing tubes to ensure that they reach you safely.